If you have never been to a chiropractor or massage therapist before then we have compiled some common frequently asked questions that should help you, however, if there are any others please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Please be aware that you may feel a little uncomfortable and sore during and after your treatment. We are addressing issues that youre body has had for some time and so it could be sore especially if you have been suffering from chronic issues. Once the initial soreness subsides and youre body adapts you will begin to feel all the benefits.
We recommend drinking plenty of water before and after treatment so that the body has enough fluid to purge all the metabolic waste products from its system. In the same vein, we recommend avoiding alcohol as this can lead to dehydration (even if only mild dehydration).
Clients have noted feeling very tired after massage and often arrange for a friend or family member to pick them up. Please bear this in mind if you think that this could be useful for you.
We have detailed below a typical appointment at McGregor Therapies, Vancouver Massage Therapy:
- Brief medical history
- Issues that are causing you pain/discomfort
- Range of motion test
- Chiropractic treatment(s)
- Massage therapy (if required)
- Schedule future appointment
Please let your therapist know if:
- The room temperature is uncomfortable
- You begin experiencing extreme pain or discomfort
- You feel you need a break
- You have any questions about the treatment or feel you have forgot to mention something that could be relevant to your treatment